Your HP Printer must be installed and operational with your desktop but what if you want your printer to also associate itself with the laptop? Are you having a hard time installing the printer to the laptop? But worries are over as we offer the complete guide to easily set this connection of your HP Printer with numerous devices. If you are still confused about this procedure and also have some other issues related to your HP Printer you can always reach out HP Printer Technical Support for instant solutions. The team of HP Printer Technical Support tries their best to help the customers.
If you want multiple devices to be enabled with the HP Printer, you need a wireless printer. You also need a wireless network connection because individually connecting the cords to all the devices at their respective time is quite a hassled process. So setting your HP Printer over the existing wireless network will see to the success of the situation.
We will begin with collecting the information of the access point or router. This would basically include:
- Name of the network hub or in technical terms known as the SSID
- The network key or encryption key or security key(WEP key or WPA) or in layman terms, the password of the modem
- We will make sure that the modem, printer and the laptop are turned ON. Also, assure that the laptop has a connection with the Internet.
- Make sure that the wireless HP printer is placed near or within sufficient range to the laptop.
- If your printer was initially over a USB connection with your desktop or any other device, switch it to the wireless connection and disconnect the USB cable.
- For switching this connection mode you can follow these steps:
- Under the Start menu, search for devices and printers and then under the displayed list of options, click on the model of your HP Printer.
- On the next page select the Utilities option, select Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- A pull-down list appears where you can see the option of ‘Convert a USB connected printer to wireless’ or ‘Connect a new Printer’. It actually varies as per the version of Windows you are using.
- The mode of connection for your printer has been successfully changed to the wireless network.
Next, we will connect the HP Printer to the prevailing Internet network to start using it with multiple devices. It depends on the model of your printer as well as the features of the wireless network access and connections vary as per these.
- If both your printer and router possess the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) then you are good to go with this installation procedure. Moreover, the router must have a WPS pushbutton and it must use a WPA or WPA2 security.
- Establishing a connection is as easy as this two simple steps: First turn on the WPS button available on your HP Printer. Then immediately turn on the WPS button on your router.
- Your printer is successfully set over the wireless connection with no requirement of entering SSID or network key.
- If your printer has a touchscreen display you can set the connection over the wireless network using the HP Wireless Setup Wizard. Below are the requisite steps to undertake;
- From the control panel menu of your HP Printer, select the Network option. Then click on the wireless option and then proceed towards Settings.
- A list will appear displaying the names of the various network names in and around the range of your printer.
- Choose the access point from the SSID data.
- But sometimes you may not be able to see the name of your router. In this case scroll down to the bottom of the list. Then, manually enter the name of your connection. And take utmost care regarding the cases(lowercase or uppercase) or feeding special characters as per the exactness of the name.
- After it detects the name, then it will ask for the password of the connection. Also remember here to enter correctly the WPA key.
- Your printer has successfully connection to the wireless connection.
- If your printer doesn’t have a touch screen then you can proceed with a temporary connection of the HP printer. Use a USB cable while installing the printer software to your devices.
- You can install the printer software using the installation CD or from the HP Website on the device that you want to start printing. The software will automatically guide as and when to insert or remove the USB cable and ensure to completely abide by the instructions.
HP Printer Technical Support
Following these steps, you’ll have successfully completed the setup process of connecting your HP printer over a wireless network. Still unable to understand the procedure and need a real-time resolving procedure, call HP Printer Technical Support at +1-888-621-0339. Also avail our monthly and yearly subscriptions for free services during this period over the phone. So call HP Printer Technical Support and get best printing experience with your HP printer.