Brother is a well-known manufacturer of printers. The printers, which are produced by Brother help us not only by printing, they also can copy scan and fax. A printer is a technical device, the usability of a printer depends on how you can handle it. It is applicable to the Brother printer also. If you are having any issue on your Brother printer, you can solve it with simple troubleshooting. Sometimes we can see that Brother printer is unable to scan on windows 10. So, here is this blow, we will discuss how to solve this issue by following some simple steps. You can talk with Brother Printer Support for any of your Brother Printer issue by calling at + 1–888–621–0339.
Fix the issue of Brother Printer won’t scan on windows 10 (step by step)
Most of the time, it is possible that Brother printer is unable to scan on windows because of the network setting issue. So, here we will discuss how to solve it with some single steps.
- In the first step, you have to check that if your Brother Printer is on without having any error. if you find the LCD screen of your Brother Printer is blank, that means either it is switched off or in the sleep mode. So, now click on a button of the printer to wake it up from sleep mode. If the LCD display is still blank, check the power cord if it is properly plugged and then check the other power switches and turn them on. For error message, check the printer display and if there any message with specific error, troubleshoot the issue.
- In the second step, you have to check the connection of your Brother printer. You can use the network scanning tool with your Brother printer if you configure it via a peer-to-peer network as it cannot work from a client’s PC.
- In the third step, you have to check if your printer is available to print or not for which you have to search it in the properties of your system for that, first go to the control panel and click at “Hardware and Sound. There you can see “Devices and Printers”. Now, right click on your Brother printer to select printer properties and click at the option of print test page so that you can find out if your printer is available for a click or not.
- Now, you have to check the Brother Printer scanner driver for which you have to open the scanner by selecting the control panel. In the search box of the control panel, type scanner and then click at view scanners and cameras. Here, you have to find out if there is the icon of your Brother Printer or not. If you are not able to find it, install the scanner driver by downloading it from the Brother’s website. Install the full driver and software package and follow the instruction.
- Next, check the IP address by printing a network configuration list if your Brother printer is unable to scan. For that, first, go to the menu of your Brother printer where you have to select print reports. Then select the network configuration and then click at OK. Then start printing by pressing at the Black start, color start or start. Sometimes the list of network configuration may display 0.0.0.0; in that case, wait for a while and try again.
- Now, you have to set the IP address on the scan driver. For that, you have to go to the scanner properties through the control panel. Then you have to choose a scanner and then click properties. You have to click at continue or yes if you can see user account control on your screen or you can enter the admin password and click OK or Yes. Now, you have to select Specify your machine by address and then enter the IP address that you confirmed in the previous step and then click OK.
- Then, you have to check the firewalls setting because firewalls or other security can also be the cause for which Brother Printer is unable to scan. So, disable it in your computer and try to scan again. If you can scan after disabling the firewall, you can keep disabling at the time of the scan.
- At the last step, ensure that control center is running for which you have to click start and then select All Apps. Then click brother after which you have to select Brother Utilities. Then select Control Center after which you can try scanning again. If it is not working then you have to check the scanner driver is installed and port configured. Now, open scanner properties and now click at the Network Setting tab. After that, choose Specify your machine by address (here enter the printer’s IP address and click Apply then OK) or Specify your machine by name (here, you have to enter the node name in the node name box, then click on Browse and then you have to choose the Brother printer and then click OK). Then you have to click Apply and then OK and exit. Now you can try scanning.
Call + 1–888–621–0339 to get help from Brother Printer Support
To get any kind of solutions for your Brother printer, you can call + 1–888–621–0339 to talk with Brother Printer Support. It is a third party service provider who helps the customers with their printer issues. Brother Printer Support team always tries to satisfy their customers with the best service. So, talk with Brother Printer Support to enjoy printing.