Computers and printers are an important part of our lives. We have now become dependent on them both in a personal and professional level. The compact size of the printer has gained huge popularity in personal uses. Now getting a hard copy of a document is not difficult. And one can obtain it just by a touch of a button. But over the time this technical boon too can face a few issues. One such issue is the problem of double printing a line by the printer. Today we will look into ways that we can follow to prevent and solve such issues. And for further help and assistance, you can take help from Brother Printers Customer Support.
SOLVING THE ISSUE
It is important to know that the print quality of a printer may vary according to the type of paper we use. The following types of paper are advisable for a smooth printing- thin paper (16 to 20lbs), plain paper (2o to 28 lbs), thick paper (28 to 43 lbs), and bond paper, envelop and recycled paper. Check the environment of the place where you keep the printer. The advisable environment for the printer is 50 to 90 degree Fahrenheit and 20% to 80% to humidity. High temperature and humidity can increase the amount the background shading. Ensure that you choose the right media type for the printer driver.
You can make the right media selection by going to the printer driver properties, choosing the basic tab and finding the drop-down menu for media type selection. Also, check the user’s guide for the recommended media types and brother printer driver media type setting. Try to select a few different setting such as thick paper, envelope paper, recycled paper and thicker paper as one option may work better than another depending on the type of media you are using. It is important to note that thicker and thicker paper and envelopes should be fed through the MP tray. Printing on the envelope fed from the paper cassette is not a wise thing to do as it may cause ghosting and jamming of the printers. Now check the print quality by pressing menu and then click on start.
Drum cleaning- cleaning of the drum unit is a very important factor. The below-mentioned steps should be followed for cleaning the drum unit using an automatic process through the machine and a manual process using an alcohol swab or a cotton swab lightly moistened with isopropyl alcohol (note that the isopropyl alcohol is flammable and should be kept away from heat and flame). Repeat the process several times to remove certain kinds of foreign material from the drum unit surface. If the foreign material does not come out even after several cleaning then you might have to change the drum.
- First, start by turning off the machine power and also disconnect all the cables and again plug it in.
- Open the front cover of the printer and remove the drum and the toner assembly. Ensure to place the drum and toner assembly on a piece of paper in case of spilled or scattered toner.
- Now remove the toner cartridge from the drum. For that, hold down the blue lock lever on the right side of the drum unit and lifting the toner out. Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If in any case, the toner spills on your hand then immediately clean by either wiping it off or cleaning it with cold water.
- A shiny reddish brown roller is present inside the drum. This roller is highly photosensitive and transfers toner from the cartridge onto the paper in a form of the image that needs to be printed.
- Now clean the drum roller by gently wiping the surface of the drum with an alcohol swab or isopropyl alcohol (strength should be 7 to 90%). Make sure while cleaning you check the entire drum properly and ensure a proper cleaning.
Now turn the entire drum unit toward you, using your hand and again look for any kind of marks and materials on the drum surface. This step will ensure a proper cleaning of the drum unit.
- After you are done cleaning the drum make sure to allow the alcohol to evaporate completely before continuing any further.
- Once the surface of the drum is dry, clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently moving the blue tab on the top of the cartridge from right side to the left a number of times. Ensure that you return the blue tab to the home position before you reinstall your drum unit assembly. If this is not done the right way it may create vertical lines while printing.
- Now reinstall the toner cartridge into the drum unit. If this is put the right way then the lock lever will lift automatically.
- Also, reinstall the drum and toner assembly into the printer.
- Now plug the power back in and turn on the printer.
- Now make ten blank copies by placing the blank sheets of paper in the ADF and then press copy. This will help in removing the material that has not been removed completely.
- Now press on the menu option and click on start.
- By now you should get a better print quality. If not then contact Brother Printer Customer Support.
Brother Printer Customer Support
Brother Printer Customer Support works hard to provide your complete care and guidance for all your computer related problems. A team of professional in Brother Printer Customer Support works all round the clock to give you the best guidance and technical assistance so that you do not have to wander around the city to get your system fixed. For any problem and queries feel free to call our toll free number +1–888–621–0339 and talk with the members of Brother Printer Customer Support.