The error code 140 in Canon Printer is the technical trouble that occurs in the Canon Printer. This technical error creates disturbance in the printing process of the Canon Printer. Users find it troublesome to perform printing with this technical error. Though, canon printer is said to provide the best prints and has greater performance. But with this technical error, it becomes difficult for the printer to provide fine quality prints. It is important to maintain the quality of the printer. To maintain the quality of the printer we will be discussing the cause of error code 140 and the solutions to troubleshoot it.
Cause of the error code 140 in Canon Printer:
The error code 140 in Canon Printer is the technical disturbance occurring in the Canon Printer. This technical can appear when there is trouble in the printer scanner. This error indicates when the printer scanner occurs with technical trouble. Users face trouble when they are unable to carry on with the scanning because of this technical error. To troubleshoot the error code 140 in Canon Printer we will discuss the solutions to fix this error.
Guidelines to fix the error code 140 in Canon Printer:
It is important to look after the technical error occurring in the printer. Technical errors are likely to damage the printing quality of the Canon Printer. The printer is essential to perform printing out documents, scanning and fax a document. Technical issues can stop this process. It is important to troubleshoot the technical error from the canon printer. Here in this section, we will discuss the solutions to troubleshoot the error code 140 in Canon Printer.
Procedure 1: Stop the printing process
- To perform this process, firstly go to the Start button.
- Next, navigate the Control panel and then go to the Devices.
- When the Devices window pops out, click on Printer.
- Select “Stop Printing”.
Procedure 2: Replace the ink cartridge
- Check the ink cartridge if it is empty or a faulty ink cartridge.
- If the ink cartridge is full then the ink cartridge might be full.
- Replace the ink cartridge.
- Buy a new cartridge from the official website of Canon.
Procedure 3: Re-check the printer
- To perform the process, re-install the driver software of the printer.
- Update the driver software.
- Visit the official site of the Canon official webpage and enter the Canon model.
- Download the latest version of the driver software.
- Clean the ink cartridge with a dry cloth.
- Next, press down the reset button for more than 5 times.
- Resetting the printer solves errors troubling up the Canon Printer.
- After this, press the reset button once to check the error.
- Clear up the extra pieces present inside the printer.
- Open up the printer lid and check for bits of paper inside the printer.
- Clean up the inside of the printer in a careful manner.
- Once you are done cleaning the printer, switch on the printer and delete all the pending jobs.
- Start a new printing and a scanning job to check the error.
- Clean up the encoder strip.
- Encoder strip is like a measuring tape present inside the printer that tells the print head the length of the printer.
- If the encoder strip is dirty then you will occur with this error.
- Take a lint-free cloth and a god liquid cleaner to clean up the encoder strip.
- Perform this step up to 5-6 times.
- Now, switch off the printer.
- Again switch on the printer.
- Check the error with a test print.
These are the solution that helps to troubleshoot the technical error from the printer. With these procedures, it will be a help to drive away from the error code 140 in Canon Printer. You can also take the help of Canon Printer Support team for technical help.
Canon Printer Support
Canon Printer Support is the third party service provider that helps to troubleshoot the technical errors from the printer. The team member comprises of expert professionals that work for 24/7 to provide the best customer service. You can call at +1-888-621-0339 and take the technical support to troubleshoot the error code 140 in Canon Printer. To get the customer benefits you can also subscribe to their monthly or yearly packages offered by the team members at an affordable price.