The Canon printer will fail to work unless you install the drivers of the printer either from the installation disk or without one. So this article will help you connect your printer with your laptop. In case of further details, you can still contact Canon Printer Support regarding other issues as well.
INSTALLING THE CANON PRINTER WITH AN INSTALLATION CD:
- First plug in the printer with your laptop with the help of a USB cable, parallel port cable or SCSI cable(whichever ports are available in your laptop) and then connect it to a power socket.
- After the plugging turn ON the laptop.
- Place the installation CD that came with the printer in the CD tray disk of the laptop.
- If you have downloaded the drivers, run the downloaded setup file.
- Run the installation software and follow the installation wizard.
- Click on finish to complete the process of installation.
- Make sure that the printer by putting a trial run on the device.
- If you have the installation CD, it is as simple as that to make your printer operational.
INSTALLING THE CANON PRINTER WITHOUT AN INSTALLATION CD:
- The first two steps are almost the same as the above-mentioned process i.e to plug the cables from the printer to the laptop and then to the electrical socket and turning ON the laptop.
- Sometimes after turning the printer ON, it automatically prompts to start the printer installation program for which you need to follow the instructions displayed until the device is installed.
- If not automated, under the Start menu, search for Printers and Scanners and once the option is displayed click on ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’.
- A popup list will appear from where you need to choose the model of your printer. If the name doesn’t appear, select ‘The Printer that I want isn’t listed’.
- Search for your printer and follow up with the screen commands.
- Once your printer is listed in the menu, a separate installation process will begin respectively for that device.
- After the completion of the installation, your printer should start working.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PRINTER’S SOFTWARE:
- The printer’s manual may already contain information regarding installing your printer without the software. If you are able to find this, proceed with it and download the printer’s software.
- If you are unable to get a hold of the printer’s manual you can visit the website of your Canon printers.
- Search for the Printers tab in the homepage.
- Type the model name of your Canon printer in the search bar (because each model is installed with their specific firmware).
- Once the webpage of the respective printer model opens, either search for ‘Software’ or find the Download link on the page itself.
- Clicking the link will automatically begin downloading the installation software for the printer on your laptop.
- After the zipped file has finished downloading undergo the following steps according to the Operating Software you use.
- If you are a Windows user, double-click the folder to open the setup file and then choose a location and click ‘Extract here’ to unzip the folder.
- If you are a Mac user, you can simply double-click the file to open it.
- Windows user will have to open the new unzipped folder and double-click the EXE file. While Mac users can simply double-click, but they will have to verify the software first.
- The follow-up screen commands will vary according to the OS you are using, so simply follow the screen prompts until the installation is complete.
- Now try to connect the printer to your laptop and see if it automatically detects it.
Canon Printer Support
The various methods listed above will surely provide a helping hand to operate and run your printer. For further installation issues of your laptop or any kind of queries after the successful installation, you can approach Canon Printer Support. We are available at 24×7 toll-free services at +1-888-621-0339 round the clock. We, Canon Printer Support aim at responding to your calls as soon as possible. Then we deliver instant and effective solutions to each and every query of the customer. There is no hidden charge in our services and we also provide a monthly and yearly subscription for our customers at a minimal registration fee, during the period of which you can avail our services free of cost.