Have you ever faced this problem when your multi-functional Brother printer would smoothly print your documents but fail to scan files over the connected network? Well, worry not because there is a complete guide on the possible reasons with their respective solutions to this issue here. Further, you can call Brother Printer Support for more detailed solutions round the clock.
STEP 1: CARRY OUT A BASIC INSPECTION:
- If the LCD screen of the Brother printer is not displaying anything, the printer may be OFF or in sleep mode. Try to turn it ON by clicking any buttons. If still, the problem persists, check that the printer is receiving proper electrical power from the wall socket and all the related switches are turned ON.
- If the LCD still fails to display, then it could also be a hardware issue.
- Check for error or warning messages on the LCD screen like Paper Jam, Refill Ink/Toner and then troubleshoot accordingly.
STEP 2: ENSURE PROPER NETWORK CONNECTION:
- For the scanning of your Brother printer, you need to configure it in a peer-to-peer network environment which works from a server PC but not from client PCs.
STEP 3: CHECK THE AVAILABILITY OF THE PRINTER:
- Under the Start Menu, open Control Panel and search for printers and devices.
- Select your printer and click on the Printer properties
- Click on Print Test Page.
- If it prints successfully, clicks on the scanner list. Then see to it that the scanner option for your Brother printer is available there.
- If you do not find the scanner option, you need to install the scanner driver by downloading ‘Full Driver and Software Package’ from the Brother website.
STEP 4: SET THE PROPER ID ADDRESS:
- First, take a print of the Network configuration of the device from the Network Configuration List.
- Then open the Scanner Properties and click on the Network setting.
- Click on ‘Specify your machine by address’.
- After feeding the proper IP address click OK.
- In case you aren’t able to obtain the correct IP address, consult your network administrator.
STEP 5: FIREWALL SETTINGS OF THE COMPUTER:
- By default, the firewall settings of the computer are turned ON which leads to the computer rejecting access to foreign devices’ connection. You may be made aware of this settings by receiving a prompt message on the computer screen due to which you are not able to connect the network scanning software. For such alerts, you can manually disable the firewall settings of your computer which will bring the scanner over the visibility network range.
- But take special care that you are consenting to all the consequences of disabling the firewall because Brother won’t be responsible for any future impacts. Therefore remember to immediately turn it ON once you can setting up the scanner over the network.
- If the scanner works properly now, it means that the firewall was initially rejecting the access. Henceforth either keep the firewall disabled during the period of scanning or keep it enabled by adjusting the requisite settings.
- Recommended are the following Internal/External ports while disabling the computer’s firewall – UDP: 54925, UDP: 137, UDP:161
STEP 6: REINSTALL THE DRIVERS:
- First, uninstall the Brother drivers and then reinstall it again. You can do it either from the installation CD that came along with the printer or else downloads it from the Brother website and then installs it.
- Now try to scan and see the results.
- If the device starts scanning you are good to go.
- If the problem still persists, ensure that there are no security applications or any firewall rejecting the access over the network.
- Try to carry out a scan from a different network connected computer and if it starts scanning, the problem might be with your server PC and not your Brother printer.
Brother Printer Support
You should be able to scan your documents now with the help of these guidelines. If not Brother Printer Support is only a call away throughout the year at a toll-free number +1-888-621-0339. The necessity of a third party Printer technical support is because thousands of Brother customers are lined up with their queries trying their support number. So if you want to avoid the queue, Brother Printer Support is the solution. Moreover, the shining feature of Brother Printer Support is that you can get your device rectified and resolved over the phone without having to carry it to different centers.