To install your HP DeskJet printer with a Mac Print driver through Apple software is as simple once you follow this article thoroughly. It might often seem that Windows obliterate the Mac version installation and its guide availability. Thus this piece of step by step detailed instructions is here to rescue you and help you install the print driver without a hitch. For more information, you can call HP Printer Support at +1-888-621-0339(toll-free).
Here is mentioned the guidelines for both Mac OS or OS X 10.7 and Mac OS X 10.6 operating system.
For Mac OS or OS X 10.7 or for later versions:
- Turn On the computer and printer and make sure that there is a proper connection between the two either by a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Click on the Apple icon, and a menu appears from which you need to select System Preferences.
- Now click on Print & Fax or Printers and Scanners.
Select your printer model:
- Check the availability of your HP DeskJet printer on the screen, if the option is displayed, click on your printer and then click on the ‘-‘ sign which will remove the printer. Then click on ‘+’ sign to re-add it by clicking on Add Printer or Scanner.
- If your printer is not visible to you in the menu, then directly click on Add Printer or Scanner and then click on the HP DeskJet printer of yours.
- If your printer is not enlisted in the Add Printer or Scanner menu, verify that the printer has an active connection to both the computer as well over the wireless or USB connection.
Contact HP Printer Support for more details on how to install the HP DeskJet printer. Remain assured while reaching us because we provide instant solutions to all your queries.
- Click on Print Using menu and then choose your HP DeskJet printer.
- To add your printer to the list, click on Add.
- If a prompt message box appears asking you to install the software, click on Download and Install to initiate the process.
- If the prompt message box displays, ‘Software is currently unavailable’, you will have to manually download the printer software before installing it.
- Now close the System Preferences menu.
The printer driver is installed and you can print, scan and fax now.
An error sometimes appears with the scanning feature after the recent upgrade of the printer driver. This happens due to updating the computer OS, hence comes into the scene the compatibility issues of existing drivers.
For Mac OS X 10.6:
- First turn ON the computer and printer and make sure that there is a well-established cable connection between the two either by a USB Cable or over a wireless network.
- Put in a fresh document in a queue for printing.
- One thing to keep in mind is that you need to check if your HP DeskJet Printer has drivers compatible with Mac OS X 10.6.
- If yes, proceed then. If negative, you can install a third-party driver. This will provide the basic print functionality.
- Click on the Apple icon, and a menu appears from which you will click on the System Preferences.
- Click on Print & Fax.
Select your printer model:
- Check the availability of your HP DeskJet Printer on the screen.
- If the name of the printer appears, then to ensure the addition of the correct print driver you will have to remove it first. Click on the ‘-‘ option first to remove the printer. Now click on ‘+’ option to re-add the printer. Now click on Add Printer or Scanner.
- If your printer is not enlisted in the menu, click directly on Add Printers and Scanners option.
- If your printer is not listed after removing the printer, then inspect for the connections. See if the connections are loose, or if connected via a local wireless network, then check the Internet status.
- Select the Print Using box, and then click on the name of the HP DeskJet model of your printer.
- Click on Add to attach your printer in the list.
- A prompt command box appears asking you to install the print driver software. Click on Download and Install to initiate the installation process.
- A message saying ‘Software is currently unavailable’ indicates you to manually download the print driver software and then install it.
If your print driver is successfully installed, you can now print, scan and fax documents.
For further support, you can contact HP Printer Support at +1-888-621-0339 for 24×7 services. HP Printer Customer Support solves your issues without having to carry your desktop anywhere. HP Printer Support takes no hidden charges, unlike other third-party customer supports. Moreover, we provide a monthly and yearly subscription at a minimal registration fee.
HP Printer Support works 24×7 round the year irrespective of any ongoing festivals. Providing quality service to the customers is our motto and we thrive on that.