HP Officejet 4500(G510) Series and 4500(K710) Series All-In-One Printers users might have faced the prompt command of ‘Ink Cartridge Problem’ and ‘Incorrect Print Cartridge’ often. Another added warning to this warning might also have been displayed by your printer by flashing the alarm or orange light indicating that there is some kind of error going on with your HP Printer.
The solution to this problem is quite easy and verified. Mentioned below are the troubleshooting tips to this error sign.
Step 1: Compatible Ink Cartridges
Ensure that you are only using original and genuine ink cartridges that are compatible with your HP Printer bought either from HP retail cartridge suppliers or verified local stores
Step 2: Check the Cartridge and take the required action
- Turn ON the printer.
- Lift the cartridge access door and make sure that no unusual noise is being emitted by the printer.
- You can see the cartridge and press and pull the top surface to remove the cartridge from the slot.
- Take special care not to touch the reddish-brown colored attachments or even the ink nozzles because it might disrupt the electrical power supply or can clog the nozzles.
- If you see any other color protective tapes on the nozzles, which were let to remain there at the time of installation, you need to remove it immediately. But even in this case take utmost care to not to remove the reddish-brown colored tape.
- After doing this, you need to clean the cartridge components.
- Make sure that you have readily available clean, distilled water (strictly NO to TAP WATER), a clean cotton Q-tips or even coffee filters will work and a clean paper sheet to place the ink cartridge.
- Unplug the power cable from the rear side of the printer.
- Keep the cartridge in your hold from its sides.
- See to it if any kind of ink buildup has accumulated on the cartridge surface.
- If yes, immerse the q-tip, just moist enough, into the distilled water and carefully clean the reddish brown tape on the cartridge and the electrical strips on the carriage slots. But do not let this wet tip touch the nozzle or never attempt to clean it.
- Let all the strips and contacts dry out completely.
- After doing this, put the cartridge back in its place and again press on the upper part until you hear a clicking lock sound.
- The left slot of the carriage will hold the tricolored cartridge with the right one holding the black colored cartridge.
- Pull down the cartridge access door.
- Plug back the power cable back to the electrical socket and the printer.
- Turn ON the electrical supply and then the printer.
Did the error warning go away? Were you able to take out a successful print of a page?
If yes, your problem is probably solved. If no, proceed further.
Step 3: Replacing the problematic cartridge
If resetting the printer did not resolve your issue, then you might want to consider replacing the cartridge. But before that, you need to rectify which is the problematic cartridge and then you can replace only that one.
- Obtain access to the cartridge as mentioned before.
- First, remove the black cartridge and then pull down the cartridge access door.
- If the message still displays, it indicates that it is time to replace the tri-color cartridge and proceed further.
- If there is no error message, proceed further.
- Again lift the cartridge access door and now press on the tricolor cartridge until it is removed from the carriage slot.
- Put back the black cartridge and press on the upper part until you hear a clicking lock sound.
- Pull down the access door.
- If the error message ‘Incorrect Print Cartridge’ or ‘Print Cartridge Problem’ still displays, proceed to replace both the black and tricolored cartridge.
- If the computer screen doesn’t display any error message, replace only the tri-color cartridge.
Replace the ink cartridges only with those compatible with your HP Printer by buying original compatible HP ink cartridges or from verified and authentic local retail stores.
If you want any help either in reinstalling your new ink cartridge or in any other related queries, you can contact HP Printer Technical Support at their toll-free phone number +1-888-621-0339 where you can receive instant and effective solutions over the call without having to take your printer anywhere.