Printers are an essential computer accessory. No matter what profession we belong to we will all need the usage of a printer. Unlike earlier times getting a print out is no more a difficult task. Now it is all possible just in the touch of a button. But many a time it is seen that a printed page has black lines either on the sides or in the bottom of the page. This is something that no one would like to have in their important documents. So today we will look into ways that will help you fix this issue. If you have any queries or if you face any difficulty while following the steps given here then contact Brother Printer Customer Support.
FIXING THE ISSUE-
Now there are many reasons that cause these black lines on the page when you are printing your document. Generally, it is caused when inside the printer the paper has moved along the rollers. This usually happens when the rollers or the transfer belt inside the printer gets dirty. It is also caused when the roller and the belt are covered with excess toner powder. And therefore as the paper moves in the printer, the tracks are left behind on the page. This happens when the tracks on the page are located on either side.
But in case if the marks are left behind on the middle of the page then there is a possibility that it is happening due to marks or damage on the transfer belt. Even when a clump of dirt or old toner is stuck to the roller or the transfer belt it can cause smudged lines on the paper.
The right way to fix the problem would be by following the steps given below-
- First get a lint-free cloth, a pair of gloves, isopropyl alcohol and a soft paintbrush.
- Now using the brush gently clean the rollers of the printer.
- Then using a vacuum take out all the loose toner powder that is present inside the printer.
- Further using a lint free cloth wipe the transfer belt very carefully and gently.
- If you see that the transfer belt or the roller is highly damaged then it is best to replace the transfer belt and the roller.
- But while doing the cleaning process make sure that you wear protective gloves. Avoid touching the transfer belt with your bare fingers, as doing this you can leave marks on the transfer belt that could cause other possible problems while printing. If you face difficulty in doing it then contact Brother Printer Customer Support.
The next way that you can follow to fix a defective black toner cartridge that could also cause black lines on the printed page is that after a print, open the toner access door and pull out the black cartridge. Then notice the drum for black lines on it. If so then make sure to clean the drum unit properly. Use a lint-free cloth and isopropyl alcohol to clean the drum unit.
Also, check on the following points to ensure that the problem is solved-
- Ensure that the primary corona wire inside the drum unit is clean. If not then clean it by sliding the green tab. For this first, you will have to open the front cover of the printer and then leave the printer for about 10 minutes so that it gets time to cool down. Then take out the drum unit and the toner cartridge assembly. Now clean the primary corona wire that is present inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab right to the left side and then again vice versa. Finally put the drum unit and the toner cartridge back into the printer. And then close the front door of the printer. To know more about primary corona contact Brother Printer Customer Support.
- Also, make sure that the green tab of the primary corona wire is at the home position.
- As mentioned above if the drum unit is damaged make sure to change it
- Also if the toner cartridge is damaged then put in a new toner cartridge.
Thus following all the steps mentioned above should be able to fix the problem of black lines on printed pages.
Brother Printer Customer Support
The Brother Printer Customer Support has a team of professionals that ensure that you get the right solution for all your printer related issue. They also look up to it that all your queries are answered and you receive the best service. They highly believe in the saying that a happy customer is a returning customer. So whenever you come across a difficulty while printing a document or an image, make sure to call +1-888-621-0339 for assistance.