We cannot deny the fact that today we are all dependent on computers and printers to do most of our works. May it be our personal or professional life we all are dependent on these electronic devices. Now getting a hard copy of a document is no more tiring. And it’s all possible just on the click of a button. But over the time with constant use, these electronic devices may face a few problems. But the best thing about them is that they flash a specific error code that will help you to figure out the real reason for the problem and therefore troubleshooting the problem becomes easy. Today we will look one such error code faced by the canon printer, which is error code 6000. And if face any problem while following the steps given here or have any doubts or queries then you can contact Canon Printer Customer Support.
CAUSES OF THE ERROR
While printing an important document the flashing of the error 6000 might not be something that we desire. But the error code 6000 is a very common error of the canon printer. This error is caused due to a number of factors. Some of the common error that causes the error is-
- Many a time it may arise when the feed tray of the printer is not opening or if something gets blocked in it, usually like a paper piece or specks of dust and dirt.
- Also if the feed tray of the printer is not fitted in the right way then it might cause error 600.
- When you try to print multiple numbers of pages at the same time then usually this error is flashed.
- Smearing and scratching of the line feed also cause the flashing of the error code 6000.
- Or defect in the in-line feed slit or the sensor unit can also lead to flashing of this error.
So this is when you should remove or empty the papers and try to make some space for the printer to print. Doing this will let the printer work properly and thus the printer will give you a better service.
STEPS TO FIXING THE PROBLEM
There are many ways that can be followed to fix the problem of error code 6000 in the canon printer. By following the steps mentioned below you can fix the problem in your printer. As mentioned earlier the canon error code 6000 is a line feed error. So let’s follow the steps and solve the problem-
Resetting the printer (method 1) –
- First, start by unplugging the cord of the printer from the power socket and keep it in the pause mode for a few seconds.
- Now put back the cord in the power socket and turn on the printer.
- Then press and hold the power button for a few seconds and then press the stop button two times in a row.
- Further follow the same step one more time. But this time ensure that you slowing release the power button of the canon printer.
Again press the stop button four times. This should fix the problem of the printer but if the error still persists then you can contact Canon Printer Customer Support and also move to the next method for a solution.
- If the cause of the error is scratches in the line feed then the best solution for this is by cleaning the LF and EJ slit film using a non-corrosive solution.
- This error can also result from particles and debris getting stuck in the LF driver. Therefore try to remove the jammed particles from the driver carefully. If you need any assistance while cleaning the driver then a team of a technician at Canon Printer Customer Support is always there to help you.
- Many a time even a defective component of the printer can affect the printing ability of the printer. Therefore it is very important to replace the defective parts. The defective components may include- LF and EJ slit film. The timing sensor unit, the paper feed roller unit and the logic board are also included.
Following these methods will help you find a solution. But if you are still facing the problem then you can contact Canon Printer Customer Support. We will help you in finding a solution.
Canon Printer Customer Support
The Canon Printer Customer Support works all round the clock to provide you with the best solution. A team of professionals works hard to make sure that all your doubts and queries are answered and that your problem related to the system is fixed. We believe in the saying that a happy customer is a returning customer. And whenever you come across a problem while printing something feel free to call +1-888-621-0339. We are always more than happy to help.