Over the course of time printer and computers have become an essential part of our lives. They have become a boon that now has an integral part in both our personal and professional lives. But these electronic devices are made of many small but integral components. One such component is the printer spooler. This spooler helps the printer to communicate with the computer. But with constant use, the spooler might face a few difficulties that might overall affect the efficiency of the printer. Therefore to get a smooth printing it is important to fix the problem. Today we will look into ways that will help you restart your spooler in Windows 8 and 10. If you come across any kind of difficulty while following the steps given below then you can contact Canon Printer Customer Support.
Restarting Canon Print Spooler
Unable to Print and Print when the spooler service keeps stopping automatically on Windows 10, Windows 8 and 8.1 is a common problem. Print spooler not running properly might be due to problems in the printer driver or if you have installed multiple printers and there is an issue with one of the printer, therefore, causing print spooler service to stop. So let’s look into ways that will help you fix the problem with your spooler.
Uninstall all the unnecessary printers
Try to only keep the printer drivers that you really require and which are in use. Uninstall all the other printer drivers that may interfere with the working of other printers.
Clear Printer Spooler Files
- Start by clicking on the Start button, and type Services.msc in the Search box or Click WIN+Q, type “Services.msc” in the open box
- Then you will find Services under Computer Management on older operation system (Windows XP)
- After that, double-click on the Printer Spooler that is given in the list
- Then click on the Stop button and further click OK.
- Then open C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- Following that delete all the files in the printers folder
- Then unplug the printer from the Computer
- Then start the Printer Spooler Service
- Finally plug the printer back in.
Remember that printer holder is hidden and it will not display the hidden system folders so in such cases you can copy and paste c:\windows\system32\spool\printers in windows explorer.
Start printer spooler service
- Start by clicking on start and then type services.msc in the search option or you can also click in WIN with Q, and then type services.msc in the open box.
- Now double click on the printer spooler from the list
- Then click on start. Then click on automatic in the startup type list and then press ok
If after following the steps given above the issue doesn’t resolve then you can proceed with the following steps.
- First, click on start and then type services.msc in the search option
- Then double-click on printer spooler from the list
- Then go to recovery tab and select restart the service in the subsequent failure list.
- This will help in restarting the print spooler service every time it fails.
- Now go to the dependencies tab and check if all the depending services are in a started state
- If needed you can start all the dependencies services.
If all the steps mentioned above fails to resolve the problem then you can try to reinstall the printer driver from the CD that you received with your Canon printer. In case you have misplaced the CD you can also install it by downloading it from the internet. But while doing so ensure that the old printer driver is uninstalled. Only then the new driver will start working properly.
Canon Printer Customer Support
The Canon Printer Customer Support is a team who is always ready to help the Canon users if they face any issue with their canon printers. Don’t confuse it with canon as Canon Printer Customer Support is a third party that provides customer support to the users. To talk with the team members of Canon Printer Customer Support, you can call at +1–888–621–0339. The team of Canon Printer Customer Support prefers the satisfaction of the customers over anything. So they try their best to fulfill the needs of the customers. You don’t have to bring your printer anywhere when your printer faces any problem if you take the solution by talking with the team of Canon Printer Customer Support. Canon Printer Customer Support team never charges any hidden amount from the customers; rather you may get your money back if they are unable to satisfy your need. Enjoy the service of Canon Printer Customer Support at a minimal price by subscribing to their monthly or yearly packages. So, for any of your canon printer issue, dial the number +1–888–621–0339 and talk with Canon Printer Customer Support.