The laptop is a technical device which is becoming an important part of our life. HP is a well-known company which provides us with a good quality laptop. But, as it is a technical device, some problems occur in the HP laptops also. Sometimes, HP laptops deny starting which is very irritating. It may happen because of various reasons. So here, we will discuss the issue of “HP laptop is not starting”. You can also talk with HP Laptop Support by calling at + 1–888–621–0339.
How to resolve the issue of “HP laptop is not starting”
- First, you have to check if your AC power adapter is working properly or not. For that, plug it into the AC power input jack when your laptop is in charging mode and make sure that it is shut down with the closed lid. To indicate that the power brick is getting power from the wall socket, there should have a led indicator.
- Now you have to check the pins of both AC adapter including input and output jacks to find out if there is any damage or faulty or broken adapter or the plug. Along with that, you should also have to check the wires of the AC adapter if there is any curve or damage.
- In the next step, you have to charge the battery of your laptop. Then, try to power on your laptop without the adapter.
- If the third step is not working, you have to disconnect your laptop from any docking station, USB devices which are connected with the laptop and then disconnect the power adapter also from the wall socket.
- Now, you have to detach the battery from your laptop. You can easily remove the battery by sliding a button if your HP laptop battery is not internally mounted and goes into a slot. You have to follow step 3 if your HP laptop has internally mounted the battery.
- After disconnecting the AC power and battery, now you have to press and hold the power button of your laptop for at least 15 seconds. This will free the platform of any residual power on the laptop. If your laptop has an inbuilt battery, follow the tricks mention below;
For HP Envy 15-3000 series, you have Press and hold the Power and then Beats buttons for 15 seconds.
If you have HP Envy 17 2D and 3D, then Press and hold the Power with Beats buttons for 15 seconds.
You have to Press and hold the Power with Mute (on the right side of the palm rest) buttons for 15 seconds if you have HP Envy 14 SPECTRE.
- Next, try to power up your laptop with the AC adapter only by removing the battery. If you have a laptop with a sealed battery, then you can perform this with or without the AC adapter by charging the battery (full or partial).
- If you find out that there is a problem in the power bricks, you have to replace it and then again try to power up the laptop.
- After replacing or without replacing the AC adapter, if your laptop is started working, but without the battery, then maybe there is a problem in the battery. Now, you have to replace it and also try it after the battery is fully or partially charged. Charge your laptop battery for at least one hour, if it is brand new.
- Now, if this technique is also not working, then you have to flip over the laptop to remove the service pane. Remove the memory and HDD also from your laptop after that.
- After a short inspection of the contact points on the memory, you can restore them. After replacing the memory, if you are able to see that the CapsLock or any other LED’s flashing, then it is happening maybe because of the faulty ram. By replacing the ram, maybe you can solve this problem.
- If after upgrading the ram, your laptop is not starting it is because you may be not used the proper memory kit. Before upgrading the ram, make sure that you are using a suitable ram kit for your laptop. Try to use the latest BIOS revision prior to performing the ram upgrade.
- You may hear some audible noises if you are dealing with a hard drive. If you hear a click after sometimes, it is possible that maybe the hard drive is on its way out.
- After power on your laptop, now you have to update the BIOS and then restore the functionality of your laptop.
- Sometimes, it may happen because of the installation of the corrupt OS. Save all your critical data in a removable USB storage. Now, you can reinstall the OS after recreating the bootable installer so that you can remove the corruption from the installer.
- If your laptop has started but the display is not working, connect it with an external display.
- If the external display is working properly, then, maybe the display of your laptop is not in good condition. It is also possible that maybe the graphics drivers or the FLEX display cable or the display panel is not working properly. Try to fix it by replacing the cable or the display. If the problem is in the graphics driver, by using the external display uninstall the old driver and reinstall the latest drivers from the HP official website.
Call + 1–888–621–0339 to talk with HP Laptop Support
You can also talk with HP Laptop Support for any of your laptop issues by calling at + 1–888–621–0339. The team of HP Laptop Support is always trying hard to satisfy the need of the customers. you can call them at any time of the day to talk with them about any of your HP laptop issues. So dial the number of HP laptop support and get the best experience of using the HP laptop