If the status of your HP printer being offline displays on the computer and the printer won’t print, below mentioned are a few tips that you can try to resolve the issue. You can take the help of HP Printer Tech Support also in solving the issues related to your HP printer.
TIP 1: Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to ensure the connectivity
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor. A different version is available for Windows 8 and 10. This software is specifically known to help fix all kinds of printer offline conditions.
- Then run HPPSdr.exe from the downloaded file on your drive.
- Your software has been successfully installed and once it opens click ‘Start’ and then select your printer.
- You may not find your printer in the list, in which case turn your printer off and on again and click ‘Retry’. If the problem still persists, HP Print and Scan Doctor will guide you for further instructions:
- If the status message prompts to turn on printer updates, proceed by clicking ‘Yes” and continue.
- Proceed by clicking ‘Yes’ and continue if the status message prompts to set your printer as the default printer,
- If your printer still remains offline, you can reset the device by turning off your printer and then after 10 seconds unplug the printer cord from the computer and finally switch off the main device from which you are trying to print. Then turn it on again and plug the printer cord and switch it on if it does not start automatically.
- If your printer is using a wireless connection, restart the router. Then wait for 10 seconds before trying to get an active connection for your router again.
- Try to print now. If the device responds and begins to print, you are done otherwise proceed further.
TIP 2: Make sure that your wireless printer is connected to an active Internet connection
- The printer must be connected to the same network as that of the computer or the device from which you are trying to print. If your printer is connected to any sort of guest or host connections, the latter might be preventing your printer to print due to security login issues.
TIP 3: Update the printer firmware
HP continuously keeps on releasing printer updates. Follow the steps to update your HP printer firmware:
- If you are using a wireless connection for your printer, first make sure that an active Internet connection is available. For printers connected to the computer through a wire cannot avail this update feature but rather can continue from the HP website.
- Printers with the text-based menu can select the Settings option and then select Maintenance or Tools as per requirement and finally select the Web Services, Printer Updates.
- Printers with an e-print button can touch or press Settings as per requirement and then check Product Updates.
- Then you may be asked to accept terms and conditions, following which enable web services and turn on automatic system updates so that the printer regularly receives updates.
- If the printer does not automatically start updating select ‘Check for Updates’.
- Try to print now. If printing is successful you are good to go otherwise you can proceed to the next step.
TIP 4: Reinstall the printer software
- Unplug a USB cable, if attached to the printer.
- Select Programs and Features under Windows list of results.
- Uninstall the HP Printer Software and restart your computer.
- Then you can reinstall the software from the installation CD that came along with the printer. You can also download it from Software and Drivers.
- Try to print now.
HP Printer Tech Support
You should be able to resolve your printer offline issue by following these basic steps and even if you fail to fix the issue, you can contact HP Printer Tech Support for further troubleshooting options and avail our toll-free services at any hour of the day throughout the year at +1-888-621-0339. We aim to provide an efficient and instant solution to your issues. We also ensure complete satisfaction because we believe in the saying ‘Happy customers are returning customers’. Our agenda of operation entirely hassle-free with no worries over picking or dropping your printer at various service centers because our technicians work over the phone.
HP Printer Tech Support does not entertain any sort of hidden charges. Rather it promises to refund the charges if the issue is not wholly resolved or if you are not completely satisfied with our services.