Most of the times the Canon printer fails to respond due to trivial issues like a loose connection or the printer being switched off or in cases of a wireless printer it might be devoid of a proper connection to the access points . While these are just a few top of the head reasons behind the printer not working, there also may be certain technical underlying reasons. You can carry out a basic overall inspection of the printer which involves the following:
CORDS AND CABLES
Make sure that there is no sort of loose connections concerning your power cord to the wall sockets and the USB cable connecting your printer to the printer(in case your printer is not a wireless one).
Carry out a visual inspection by lifting the top lid of the printer and checking for any kind of foreign material or loose stranded pieces of paper settled there from previous cycles of printing.
LOOK OUT FOR LAMP SIGNALS
Observe the different lights flashing/not flashing and refer to the users manual that came with your printer about the meaning of the lamp signals and tries to rectify the reason behind your unresponsive printer.
If the aforementioned options are not the reason for the malfunction then here are a few more troubleshooting methods which will help you resolve this kind of situations.
Generally establishing a connection is the prime reason for unresponsive printers For this, the steps to be followed are:
- Click the Setup button on the Canon printer and then move to Wireless LAN Setup, further selecting the Easy Setup option from the pull-down menu.
- Select your router/hub and then feed the password.
- Press OK and then insert the Setup disk in the computer.
- Run the program for reinstallation of the printer.
- Select ‘Easy Setup’ from the Setup pull-down menu.
- A screen appears allowing you to select ‘Printer on Network’.
- Click ‘Next’ to start the installation process.
- Now try printing once the installation finishes.
If still, the problem persists, you can refer to other options to fix this problem.
- On the ‘Start’ menu, select ‘Control Panel’ and then search for troubleshooter.
- Under a pull-down list, select ‘Troubleshooting’ from which move to the ‘Hardware and Sound’.
- Select Printer and click next.
- Now from the list select your Canon printer and click next.
- The troubleshooting process for your Canon printer will automatically start.
- If the print troubleshooter failed to solve your problem, move to next option.
PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE
- Under the ‘Start’ menu, click ‘Services’.
- Then type Print Spooler service and right click on it.
- Click on ‘Properties’ and under the ‘General tab’, choose ‘Startup type’ and ensure that the Automatic mode is enabled.
- If the display doesn’t show that the services are already running, click ‘Start’.
- Click OK.
Under default conditions, Windows Firewall blocks the Network Discovery protocols for both inbound and outbound traffic although allowing the outbound traffic not set by default. This is important because it affects the fact whether other computers or devices are visible on my computer’s network range and vice-versa.
To manually enable the network discovery option, you can follow the following steps:
- Under the ‘Start’ menu, click ‘Control Panel’.
- Select ‘Network and Internet’ and open the ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Open the ‘Advanced Sharing Settings’.
- Check whether the Network Discovery is turned ON or OFF. If OFF, click the radio button ‘Turn ON Network Discovery’.
Usually, after allowing this outbound traffic from your computer, the printer appears under your devices. Thus, your Canon Printer has been detected and now you can carry out with your printing.
If you are unable to fix the problem, you can further receive the more detailed analysis of your problem through our technicians at Canon Printer Support by availing our 24/7 toll-free services at +1-888-621-0339 where we ensure to never compromise with the quality of the solutions to your queries. Ours is a completely worry-free service since there is no requirement topic and drop your device as the entire solving rectifying and solving is done over the phone and upon failure, we also deliver access to your remote locations after the prior consent of the customers because we engage in securing your data immensely. We also provide a monthly or yearly subscription to our customers during which the customers can enjoy free services throughout that period at a very minimal rate as compared to other third party customer supports.