When it comes to setting your Brother printer on a wireless network, you may face certain troubles initially. But there is no need to worry since this article will provide a step by step guideline for both Windows and Macintosh user. For further detailed guidance, you can approach Brother Printer Support for their round the clock services.
STEP 1: WIRELESS ACCESS POINT SETTINGS
To set the Brother Printer on a wireless network, start with noting down the information of your network access point or wireless router whichyou can see on the bottom or side of the router or you can also refer to the beginners guide where you can find the security details of the router. Basically, you need to know this two information:
- Network Name (commonly known as SSID or ESSID )
- Network Key (commonly known as the password or security or encryption key)
STEP 2: SET YOUR BROTHER PRINTER ON A WIRELESS NETWORK
- Plug the power cord into your printer and then to the wall socket.
- Switch ON the printer.
- Press MENU option on the printer’s control panel.
- Now you can choose your Network using the up or down arrows and press OK.
- Again choose WLAN by pressing the up or down arrows and press OK. This step is not necessarily applicable to all Brother Printers
- Select Setup Wizard and press OK.
- A status message displaying WLAN Enable? appears on the screen select Yes and the wireless setup wizard will start automatically.
- A list will appear showing various network names, choose your network by the SSID of the router using the up or down arrows and then press OK.
- If your router is encrypted, enter the password and then press OK to apply the settings. If not, proceed to the next page by clicking OK.
- The printer will try to connect to the wireless network.
- A successful connection displays “Connected Printing” on the LCD screen or else an error message is displayed regarding the failure to connect to the network.
STEP 3: INSTALL BROTHER PRINTER SOFTWARE
On the Downloads section of the Brother printers website, you will get the Full Driver and Software Package for your printer. Download it and then install it following the instruction as mentioned in the webpage.
You should connect your brother printer to the router’s network and you can ensure the connection by trying out a trial run of printing any document.
The above set of instructions is applicable to the following models of Brother Printer:
DCP-375CW, DCP-585CW, DCP-J140W, DCP-J152W, DCP-L2520DW, DCP-L2540DW, HL-2170W, HL-2270DW, HL-2275DW, HL-2280DW, HL-3070CW, HL-3075CW, HL-3140CW, HL-3170CDW, HL-3180CDW, HL-4070CDW, HL-4570CDW, HL-4570CDWT, HL-5280DW, HL-5370DW/HL-5370DWT, HL-5470DW, HL-5470DWT, HL-6180DW, HL-6180DWT, HL-L2380DW, HL-L8350CDW, HL-L8350CDWT, HL-L9200CDWT, HL-L9300CDW(T), HL-S7000DN, MFC-255CW, MFC-490CW, MFC-495CW, MFC-5895CW, MFC-640CW, MFC-6490CW, MFC-665CW, MFC-685CW, MFC-6890CDW, MFC-7840W, MFC-7860DW, MFC-790CW, MFC-795CW, MFC-820CW, MFC-845CW, MFC-8690DW, MFC-8710DW, MFC-8810DW, MFC-885CW, MFC-8870DW, MFC-8890DW, MFC-8910DW, MFC-8950DW, MFC-8950DWT, MFC-9130CW, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9325CW, MFC-9330CDW, MFC-9340CDW, MFC-9560CDW, MFC-9840CDW, MFC-990CW, MFC-9970CDW, MFC-J265W, MFC-J270W, MFC-J280W, MFC-J285DW, MFC-J410W, MFC-J415W, MFC-J425W, MFC-J430W, MFC-J4310DW, MFC-J4320DW, MFC-J435W, MFC-J4410DW, MFC-J4420DW, MFC-J450DW, MFC-J4510DW, MFC-J4610DW, MFC-J4620DW, MFC-J470DW, MFC-J4710DW, MFC-J475DW, MFC-J5520DW, MFC-J5620DW, MFC-J5720DW, MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J5920DW, MFC-J615W, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J630W, MFC-J650DW, MFC-J6510DW, MFC- -J6910DW, MFC-J825DW, MFC-J835DW, MFC-J870DW, MFC-J875DW, MFC-L2680W, MFC-L2685DW, MFC-L2700DW, MFC-L2705DW, MFC-L2707DW, MFC-L2720DW, MFC-L2740DW, MFC-L8600CDW, MFC-L8850CDW, MFC-L9550CDW J6710DW.
Brother Printer Support
Generally, these steps should be enough for your Brother printer to be set on a wireless network but if you are still unable to perform it you can reach out to Brother Printer Support for their 24×7 toll-free services at +1-888-621-0339 throughout the year. The added benefit to rely on Brother Printer Support is that you will not have to worry about picking and dropping your devices because we deliver solutions to your problems over phone and also at extreme situations, when our technicians fail to deliver solutions we, Brother Printer Support try to access remote connection of your device but only after receiving the prior consent of our customers. Brother Printer Support has a record of solving the most minute issues of the customer and if we fail at this, we promise to return the money for a dissatisfied service. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or can live chat with our technicians on the website.