Have you ever faced this problem where even after the power lamp of your printer flashing, yet it would say that it is offline? You are not alone in this fix because it is one of the most common issues faced by Brother printer users. If you need any other details regarding your Brother printer, you can contact Brother Printer Support for their round the year services.
What possibly could be causing your Brother printer to go into offline mode?
This can be answered if we know the basic function of the printer, which is to read the document to be printed from the computer or other devices which holds the document and since a printer is devoid of a memory, therefore it needs a proper connection with the document source to access it. Therefore due to this malfunctioning, the printer may have not been able to print or often goes offline. If you are using Windows 7, you can detect this by running a troubleshoot which will allow you to toggle between the modes of operation of the printer i.e. from offline to online.
What to do?
- You can start by initially carrying out a basic visual inspection to verify if all the connections (both USB cable connections or wireless network) are properly attached or active.
- Check if your printer is displaying any kind of errors, be it low ink/toner or replace drum or paper jam issue.
- You can also verify if your printer is set as the default printer because if not, your printer may not be the one receiving the command to print the document and the source could be trying to establish a connection with a different printer.
4. If these requisites are checked and found to be fine, with the problem still persisting then you need to configure the properties of your Brother printer.
- Under the Start menu, type and search for Devices and Printers.
- From the appearing screen select and click on the model of the Brother printer that you own.
- Right click on the printer name and select ‘See what’s printing’.
- A screen will appear where you will find the printer option. Click on it.
- From a pop-up list, you will observe ‘Use Printer Offline’ and see if it has a tick mark right next to it. If yes, then you need to click over it again to disable the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option.
- This should start your documents back on printing. If not try the below step.
5. Shut down your computer and the Brother printer. Remove all the plugs and external hardware devices attached to both the former and then turn them ON again after waiting for some time. If your documents get out of the queue and start printing, then you are good to go. But if still haven’t been able to fix your problem, you might want to consider resetting your Brother printer.
6. To factory reset your Brother printer, you need to follow the below mentioned which works perfectly fine for both Windows and Mac:
- First, switch OFF the printer.
- From the menu, keep on pressing the GO button.
- While the former is still being kept under your finger’s press, simultaneously press on the power button of the printer.
- The three lights should have started flashing by now.
- Let go of the hold over the GO button and then press it again for another 10 times, once at a single go.
- The ready light must be blinking now which means that the factory reset of your Brother has been successfully done.
- Restart the printer now.
- Since you have factory reset your printer, therefore the computer might fail to detect the printer. For this, you can reinstall the printer driver software again and this will start printing your documents.
Have you failed to still resolve the issue? Please feel free to reach Brother Printer Customer Support for toll-free services at +1-888-621-0339. There are no hidden charges associated with our services and we also provide a money refund policy if the customers are not completely satisfied with our services. The cherry on the top of Brother Printer Technical Support is that you can resolve your issues on just a phone call without having to bring it to any center, unlike other third-party printer supports.