This is an issue which many have faced rupturing the smooth flow of our work and can at times fail us to think clearly about how to resolve it. But this can be solved efficiently and after reading this article you will receive an ultimate guide about the drum of your Brother printer. If not through this article, you may as well opt to avail Brother Printer Support. We deliver a one-stop solution to all the queries regarding your Brother Printer at any hour of the day throughout the year, irrespective of locations you try to reach us from.
What is a drum?
It is an entity involving the maintenance of the Brother printer which needs replacement over time but not as frequently as a toner or ink cartridge. It is a device made of green metal with a coating of selenium or other kind of photosensitive material ,cylindrical in shape carrying a static electrical charge which is responsible for attracting the powder from the toner cartridge and then applying it to the paper passing through the printer from where the static charge is removed except on the part where text is to be printed, due to which it is often located nearby or together with the ink toner cartridge.
Why is it necessary to replace the drum?
In most cases, printers from other manufacturers have pre-installed chips in their ink, toner cartridges as well as in the drum units in order to associate themselves with the identity of the printer. But it is not so in the case of the Brother printer because of which sometimes the printer fails to associate the drum unit with itself and remains under the perception that no drum has been inserted into the printer and hence the message of ‘Replace Drum’ appears on your screen.
How can you remove and replace the Brother drum unit?
- In Brother printers, the drum unit is mostly attached to the toner cartridge for most of the models. Open the front flap of the printer and initially try to find the toner cartridge along which will be attached the drum unit as well. If you are not sure about the finding, you can refer to the manual of your printer regarding the exact location of the cartridge.
- Once located, you can see a green colored toner lever which you need to pull out and then lay it flat on a plane and protected surface.
- You will be able to see a green colored lever on the toner cartridge. Press it to lift the toner from the drum.
- You can then replace the drum unit.
- Now lock the toner cartridge on the top of the drum unit and insert it back inside the printer again.
- Sometimes after you have re-inserted the drum into the printer, it might start functioning again with no prior display of “Replace Drum “
What if the message “Replace Drum “ still displays?
There is no need to worry over this display status because it can be resolved by undertaking the following steps according to your model:
For Brother MFC-7360N, MFC-7460N, MFC-7460DN or MFC-7860DW-
On your printer, press the clear button and enter the number 1 and make sure that you can see “Accepted” on the display screen.
For Brother DCP-7055, DCP-7055W, DCP-7060D, DCP-7065DN or DCP-7070DW-
On your printer, press the clear button followed by the up arrow and make sure that you can see the “Accepted” message on your display screen.
The above steps should easily be able to resolve the error of “Replace Drum” on your printer and if not Brother Printer Technical Support offers a wide range of services regarding any sort of Brother Printer issues instantly. All you need to do is give us a call at our 24×7 toll-free services at +1-888-621-0339 or else you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and can also chat live with our technicians on our website. We believe that providing quality service is of utmost importance for a technical customer support provider. Moreover, there are no hidden charges associated with our service and we also engage in a money refund policy if the customers are satisfied.