We are now all dependent on them for both our personal and professional work. With constant use of the printer, the ink level may run down or get completed exhausted. So to continue with the normal process of printing it is important to reset the ink level of the printer. Today we will check out ways to reset the ink level in the Pixma series of the canon printer. If you have any queries or doubts then you can contact Canon Printer Customer Support.
RESETTING THE INK LEVEL
For Pixma ip
- First, start by pressing and holding the resume button
- Then press and hold the power button
- Now hold both the buttons for about 5 seconds
- Now release the resume button
- Again press the resume button 5 times.
- Now release the power button. The indication light for ink level that was blinking earlier is now steady.
- Now you can continue with the printing process even when the ink level is low.
For Pixma MP/MX and MG series-
- First press the power button and turn off the printer
- Now hold the stop or reset button while holding the power button. Now keep holding the power button and release the stop or release button. And then press it twice consecutively.
- Now you have to wait until the led shows zero.
- Again press the stop or reset button for four times in a row.
- Again press the power button two times
- Now turn off the printer by pressing the power button. This will thus reset the printer. if it does not get reset then do contact Canon Printer Customer Support.
Now the next step is to reset the cartridge ink level
- First, unplug the power and the USB cable from the printer.
- Then open the cartridge door and hold the power button.
- Now reconnect the power cables while keep holding the power button.
- Now gently close the door of the cartridge and also release the power button. Thus the ink cartridge is now reset.
For Pixma MP series (method 1)
- First turn off the canon printer and remove the plug from the power socket.
- Now press on/off button and plug the cable back into the power socket.
- Now press the stop/reset button for two times and keep holding the on/off button. Now slowly release the on/off button. Doing so will put the printer in the factory mode.
- Now press the right arrow until the computer screen display shipping mode 3. Then select ok
- On seeing the message “without cleaning” on the screen press the stop/reset button. This will send a command to the printer to print a test page.
- Now lift up the printer’s cover and wait till the cartridge move to the left. After it has shifted to the left, unplug the printer from the power socket.
- Now lift up both the cartridge and close the cover
- Then plug back the cable into the power socket and then press the on/off button.
- When you see the message “replace cartridge” is displayed on the computer screen then put the cartridge back into the printer.
- Now, wait until the printer recognizes the cartridge and then you can start printing again. if you find any difficulty in following the process then contact Canon Printer Customer Support.
For Pixma MP/MX/MG series-
- First press the power button and turn off the printer.
- Now keep holding the stop/ reset button while you press the power button. Now keep holding the power button and release the stop/reset button. Now press that button two times.
- Now, wait until the led shows zero.
- Again press the stop/reset button four times.
- Now push the power button two times.
- Finally turn off the printer by pressing the power button one last time. This reset your printer.
For Pixma MP Series (method 2)-
- First, start with turning off the printer.
- Now push and hold the reset button of the printer.
- While you are holding the reset button also press and hold the color start button of the printer. And wait for about 5 seconds.
- Now release both the color start button and the reset button.
- Now, wait as the printer will configure itself. This is not a long process and takes about 20 seconds to complete.
- Now press and hold the tool button and this will display the letter ‘A’.
- Now while you are pressing and holding the tool button also press and hold the reset button.
- Wait until the indicators lights of the printer stop blinking.
- Now release both the tool button and the reset button
- Now press the power button while you are pressing and holding the stop/reset button.
- While the power led is lit, press on the stop/reset button for two times and also keep holding and pressing the power button.
- When you release the power button and the reset button the printer will set itself in the service mode.
- And when the led light turns green, press on the reset button. Each time you press the reset button the led light will alternatively start glowing in orange and green color.
Canon Printer Customer Support
The Canon Printer Customer Support works all day long to provide you with the best service. A team of professionals works really hard in canon printer customer support to ensure that you get the best service and all your doubts and queries are answered. If you ever come across a problem while working with your system or you too need to reset your canon Pixma series printer’s ink level then feel free to call +1-888-621-0339.